FORM NO. 2
1. Resident but Not an Ordinary Resident and Non Resident Individuals have to file their income tax returns in ITR -2 even in case total income is below Rs.50 lacs.
2. The Assessee should disclose in case he is filing return other than Proviso 1 to Section 139(1)
a. Cash deposit above Rs. 1 crore in the current Accounts in bank
b. Expenditure incurred above Rs. 2 lacs for every travel for himself or for others.
c. Expenditure incurred above Rs. 1 Lacs on .account of house only
3. Resident individuals having house property more than one ………. shall also file ITR-2
– ITR-2 continues to apply to resident individual having income exceeding Rs. 50 lacs
– Individuals having income from profit and gains of business, cannot file ITR 2
– In case an individual is a director in a Company or holds unlisted Company’s equity shares, following should also be disclosed
– Name of the company, type of Company, PAN number, listed or unlisted DIN
– In case of short-term / long-term capital gains from sale of land / building or both, the details of buyer’s, name, PAN, Aadhaar No., share of ownership, and address has to be given.
4. A separate Schedule 112A for the calculation of the long-term capital gains on the sale of equity shares or units of Business Trusts which are liable to be taxed.
5. Under other source a taxpayer should provide the details of “any other income’.
6. The details of deduction against income from other sources should be provided.
7. Deduction under section 57:-
a. Expenses (in case other than family Pension)
b. Deduction under section 57 (ii)(a) (in case of family Pension only)
c. Depreciation (available only if income offered in i c of schedule OS)
8. Schedule VI A for tax deduction amended to include deduction under section 80EEA and 80EEB.
9. In case of business trust or investment fund the details of ‘capital gains’ income and ‘dividend’ income should be provided.
10. The details of tax deduction claim for investment or payments or expenditure made between 1st April, 2020 to 30th June, 2020 in schedule d “D I” of part “B” should be mentioned.
10. Long term capital gains –
Payments / acquisitions / purchase consideration for the purpose of claiming deduction under section 54 / 54 CB
Amount utilized out of capital gains account (as per SL B10 a of schedule CCs specially amount utilized between 1st April, 2020 to 30th June, 2020.
11. Short term capital gain-
Under section 54B account utilized out of capital gain account as per SL No. A 6a of schedule “CG” and amount utilized between 1st April, 2020 to 30th June, 2020 separately
12. While providing the details of bank account if a taxpayer selects multiple bank accounts for credit of refund, the Income Tax Department may choose any account for processing the refund.
Details of bank account for refund -to be given